Bundaberg Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Bundaberg?
Bundaberg, located in the Bundaberg region of Queensland, Australia, is a city with plenty to offer tourists. With a population of just over 70,000 people, it has a relaxed and welcoming vibe and is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning nature parks, and rich culture.
If you're planning a trip to Bundaberg anytime soon, here are some of the top attractions you should consider visiting:
1. Lady Musgrave Island - This beautiful coral cay is situated on the southern Great Barrier Reef and is a popular destination for tourists who want to snorkel or dive in pristine waters. The island is home to an abundance of marine life, including turtles, sharks, and colourful fish. To get there, you can book a day trip with a local tour operator.
2. Bundaberg Rum Distillery - This iconic rum distillery is one of the city's most well-known tourist attractions. Here, you can take a tour and learn about the history of the distillery and the process of making Bundaberg Rum. You can also sample some of the rum at the end of the tour.
3. Mon Repos Turtle Centre - This centre is a popular destination for tourists who want to see nesting turtles. Visitors can take a guided tour to the beach and watch as female turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. During the hatching season (November to March), you can also see baby turtles make their way to the sea. The centre is open from November to April.
4. Bundaberg Botanic Gardens - This beautiful botanical garden is home to a wide variety of plant species from around the world. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the gardens, relax in the picnic areas, or visit the aviary and turtle pond. The gardens are open seven days a week and entry is free.
5. Burnett River Cruises - If you want to see more of the city and the surrounding area, a river cruise is the perfect option. You can choose from a variety of cruises, including a sunset cruise, a lunch cruise, or a eco-tour. You'll get to see the city's sights from a different perspective while enjoying a relaxing cruise on the river.
6. Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery - This gallery is a must-visit for art lovers. It features a range of works by local and national artists, including paintings, sculptural works, and photography. The gallery is open from Tuesday to Sunday and entry is free.
7. Bundaberg Railway Museum - This museum is dedicated to the history of railway transport in the area and features a range of exhibits, including vintage trains, carriages, and locomotives. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the role of railways in the development of the region. The museum is open on weekends and public holidays.
8. Baldwin Swamp Environmental Park - This beautiful park is home to a range of native flora and fauna, including kangaroos, wallabies, and birdlife. Visitors can take one of the walking trails through the park and enjoy the natural surroundings. The park is free to enter and open seven days a week.
9. RiverFeast - This popular night market is held every Friday evening and is a great place to sample local food and drinks. There are also live music performances and a relaxed atmosphere, making it the perfect place to end your day in Bundaberg.
10. Bundaberg Barrel - This interactive museum is dedicated to the history of the city and the iconic Bundaberg soft drink. Visitors can learn about the history of the drink, as well as get hands-on with interactive exhibits. The museum is open seven days a week and entry is free.
So there you have it - 10 of the top tourist attractions in and around the city of Bundaberg. Whether you're interested in nature, history, or culture, there's plenty to keep you entertained in this beautiful part of Queensland. To find out more about any of these attractions or to book a tour, be sure to contact the relevant operators directly.
Bundaberg Tourism Articles